Saturday 31 August 2013

D.I.Y Dinner Service, Inamo

I had to pop up to London for a meeting yesterday and thought I'd stretch out the day and fly around London in my interview heels (well until my poor feet gave out and I got out the flip flops stored in my bag!). Killing time until my dinner date with Holly, I picked up some Oriental print trousers in the Zara sale, wandered along the river and around the Tate Britain. The Turners made me feel like I was already in Venice - only a month to go!

I met Holly for dinner after she finished work and we went to this innovative asian cuisine restaurant called Inamo in Soho. It has the gimmick of an interactive service system. This mainly means no interrupting your conversation with attempts to hail the waiter over which is a nice change. You can change the pattern on your table from one psychedelic image to another but can also play games which leads to very competitive games of battleships. A game I may or may not have lost...






Influenced by those psychedelic disco patterns...




They do a great little set menu which makes the price a bit more reasonable, although we did then go and put a bottle of wine on top of it! Wanting to try everything, we split the chicken satay and spicy aubergine for our small dishes. (These two photos are off Holly's iPhone as I was having an incompetent moment and all my photos were coming out blurry!?)



For our large dish, we both went for the Berkshire Pork Neck served with confit of apple, spicy chocolate sauce, red wine reduction & crushed wasabi peas. It was so yummy, like an Asian Roast Dinner which is a pretty good combination in my book.

Now you see it...


Now you don't...






Blouse - Miss Selfridge
Jeans - Asos
Shoes - New Look
Bag - Topshop
The interview heels are definitely just a recycling of my graduation shoes but they're so pretty I'll be wearing them everywhere! We then headed onto a bar in Soho for some drinks. Sensible, sophisticated drinks seeing as we're now working adults...




Oh deary me, look at those blurry eyes. Time for the train home!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...