Sunday 29 September 2013

Bluegrass Burgers

Warning: you are about to enter a meaty food heaven.


My sister picked me up from work the other night and we went to Bluegrass BBQ, the new smokehouse in High Wycombe. My tummy had rumbled all the way through my shift and we were raring for some serious overindulgence. 




I don't know if it was our over-excitement at our impending meal or just a shared quality of clumsiness but if they seat you at the top of the stairs, make sure you don't accidentally fling your menu down them onto a poor waiter's head...



Continuing the American theme, they have a whole range of imported sodas which, judging by their luminous colours, mainly consist of additives and sugar! I instead went for one of their simple servers, a 'Loe and Sloe', served in a Tennessee jar. The Sloe gin, a sneaky after work drink, was surprisingly yummy so deserved a preview on Instagram




We both went for the reverse-seared Bluegrass Burger. Feeling a little 'piggier', I also added the pulled pork, jalapeƱos, and dill pickle... 


...A greedy little decision which made eating the burger rather difficult and rather unattractive! I have no regrets though, the pulled pork is slow cooked for a minimum of 12 hours and coated in a bbq sauce. It falls apart so easily and is the perfect addition. 
Look at the lovely colour of that toasted brioche bun as well!


All accompanied with their seasoned skin-on fries and southern slaw. 



Despite being immensely full, we just couldn't say no to dessert so decided to split the Oreo, Hershey Chocolate & Salted Caramel Pie. It may not look like much but oh my goodness, it tasted amazing!


Word of advice, however, ask for metal spoons. The biscuit base requires something a little sturdier for some proper tucking in!



It was so nice to have dinner out with my sister before she went off to university and the accompaniment of amazing food just topped it off! If you're around High Wycombe at all I definitely recommend a visit. Apparently they will also be doing carryout soon which means you can enjoy Bluegrass sitting at home in expandable waistbands able to eat even more! Perfect! For more information check their website out here.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award :) More details are on my blog post http://teaandpost.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-versatile-bloggers-award.html

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate here the other night and it is ridiculously good! You can imagine the look of happiness on Jonny's face as he was confronted with what can ONLY be described as pile of meat. I had the pulled pork as well - hot damn. Let's go together??

    Love your 'I have no regrets' comment hahaha. Classic.

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can picture his content little face now! Definitely, to think we ever toyed with vegetarianism!! xxxxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...